Sunday, August 14, 2011

Please, please help! Reading is painful! What should I do?

I'm about to be a high school senior and I've been sort of a recluse for 5 years. To me life is very bleak and I don't do much except waste time by doing things like playing video games. I believe doing well in academics would likely lead to a better future and I take some interest in some subjects. However, I have this belief of doing things well and not reinforce bad habits (Ex: Holding chopsticks the wrong way for many years). Unfortunately, I have OCD and this has been taken to the extreme. My brain makes me HAVE to be perfect. So, I didn't read well for a time and that led to me questioning my reading method. I learned about eye movements in reading and became extremely obsessed with reading "correctly", moving my eyes perfectly. But, I can't follow all the directions from wikipedia and everything. Now, I keep thinking about reading perfectly and I can't even get past a paragraph of a SpongeBob book. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment